Kudremukh Trek includes steepy slopes, terrains and a pleasing climate. Kudremukh Trek is also known for its rich Biodiversity. Water falls and running water streams makes the overall kudremukh trek even more blissful. Kudremukh Trek is known to be the third Highest peak in Karnataka. You can also visit Nag Tibba Trek , It offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys, making it a favorite spot for both seasoned trekkers and beginners.
- Location- Karnataka
- Maximum Height: 6,214 FT ( 1,894M)
- Total distance: 19 to 22 Kms Approx
- Trek level: Moderate sometimes can be challenging
- Duration: up to 10 hrs
- Suitable for: intermediate and professional trekkers
- Best time to visit: June to February ( monsoon and winter season)
Reaching Kudremukh Trek
To reach Kudremukh Trek situated in Kudremukh National Park from Bangalore there are several ways or means of transport available.
- Bangalore has a fantastic railway system connecting to various cities across India.
- At first you can take a train from Bangalore and reach Mangalore which is the nearest railway station to kudremukh. The overall train journey takes 8 to 10 hrs. Two options are available, either book a cab or take a local bus from Mangalore.
- The total distance from Mangalore to Kudremukh is about 130 KM and it takes 3-4 hrs of travel.
- Karnataka also offers regular state run- KSRTC buses from Bangalore to kudremukh.
- Entire bus journey takes 9-10 hrs to reach Kudremukh and from Kudremukh bus station shared cabs or auto are also available to the starting point of the Kudremukh Trek.
- It is a very expensive option to travel from Bangalore to Kudremukh of 350 KMs taking 8-9 hrs.
Traveling with your personal vehicles is also another option to travel from Bangalore to reach Kudremukh.
It is a 350 KMs of journey taking 8-9 hrs of travel via NH75.
Precautions – Do check the road conditions and Vehicle health.
Best time for Kudremukh Trek
Exploring the kudremukh trek in the right seasons is a must to experience the fabulous beauty and thrilling Moments.
Monsoon trek( June – September)
Kudremukh Monsoon Trek is considered as the most adventurous time to kudremukh trek.
During monsoon season the entire kudremukh is surrounded with lush greenery and beautiful waterfalls.
Encounter charming small water streams running down the terrains.
Kudremukh Trek becomes more memorable with its pleasing climate in monsoon season.
Trekking kudremukh in the monsoon season sometimes and suddenly can involve challenging weather, harsh climate and heavy rain.
Winter Trek ( October – February)
Kudremukh winter Trek is considered as the most preferable time to kudremukh trek.
During this season kudremukh has a beautiful blue sky and Dense forests.
Kudremukh winter Trek offers fog or mist which gives a very scenic landscape and beautiful experience.
During the winter season kudremukh offers very blissful climatic conditions.
- Kudremukh Trek comprises 21 kilometers of trekking with moderate and challenging conditions.
- Kudremukh Trek begins from the Kudremukh forest base office in the early morning.
- The starting phase of Kudremukh Trek is pretty easy with flat terrains and steepy slopes.
- The middle phase of Kudremukh Trek involves rugged surfaces.
- The last stretch of Kudremukh Trek involves the most challenging steep inclines.
- Kudremukh Trek can be completed in around 8 to hrs depending on your fitness and natural conditions.
Highlights of Kudremukh Trek
- Fascinating altitude provides great heights for Trekking and panoramic views.
- Challenging and pleasing Terrains.
- Lush greenery, beautiful landscape and alluring waterfalls.
- Kudremukh peak offers a wonderful scenic view.
- Fabulous climate and gorgeous water streams.
- Experience the exciting rolling hills.
- Sightseeing of beautiful Ontimara (Lone tree).
- Venture the ridge walk
Safety measures and things to carry
- Do take a certified guide for better understanding of conditions and comfortable kudremukh Trekking experience.
- Carry proper Trekking equipment.
- Wear warm clothes and take extra pairs of clothes as well.
- Stay Hydrated, carry water bottles or energy drinks and food
- Do not litter waste or other things that create problems in trekking for other people and be eco-friendly by respecting nature.
- Follow the instructions correctly.
- Wear comfortable Trekking shoes.
- Carry a small Trekking medical kit.
- Light backpack